SPiDER Manhole Scanner
Revolutionary, Portable, 3D, Wireless Manhole Scanning Technology
SPiDER: Spherical Imagery Digitally Enhanced Rendering
- SPiDER weighs less than 30 pounds and can be hand carried to difficult to access sites.
- SPiDER can be operated with any tablet or computer which receives WI-FI.
- Output can be used for structural assessment and pre/post rehabilitation analysis.
- SPiDER provides a 190 degree field of-view live video stream making it an ideal tool for I&I studies.
Features & Benefits
SPiDER collects millions of three-dimensional (3D) points during each manhole scan that provides engineering and survey quality information on manhole geometry and condition. Output can be used for structural assessment, pre and post rehabilitation analysis, hydrological surveys, as well as general condition assessment.
SPiDER weighs less than 30 pounds and can be hand carried to difficult to access sites. Additionally, SPiDER
does not require a truck or data/power cable for operational use. Scanning data is recorded on the unit.
SPiDER can calculate its position in the manhole shaft by using its internal sensor data to measure its incremental motion. This technology frees manhole scanning from problems associated with inaccurate, poorly calibrated cable counters and poorly managed cables.
SPiDER is operated with a tablet which controls the scanner’s cameras and lights.
3D, Textured Point Clouds
SPiDER provides renderings of manhole geometry to provide three dimensional visualization that can
be imported into a wide range of 3D viewers.
File Format Deliverables
- 3D MPEG Video (.MPG)
- Point Cloud (.PLY) which can be converted to:
- Surface Model (.STL)
- CAD Model (.DXF)
- Virtual Model (.OBJ )
- MACP Report using your preferred NASSCO Certified Software
SPiDER provides a 190 degree field-of-view live video stream - making it an ideal tool for Infiltration and Inflow (I&I) studies which depend on live video to detect moving water.
SPiDER Success Stories
Interested in Learning More?
Trust CUES, the industry leader, for all of your pipeline inspection and rehabilitation equipment needs! Please use the form to request any additional information regarding CUES products so we can help you Go the Distance.